What is Wage Subsidy Program (WSP)?
WSP is financial assistance paid to the employer of each enterprise for each local employee.
The purpose of the PSU is to assist employers who are economically affected by COVID-19 and the closure of operations during the Movement Control Order (MCO / PKP) to continue the Company’s operations and prevent employees from losing their jobs and sources of income for all enterprises.
01/08/2021 – 31/10/2021.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Maximum 500 employees.
- A rate of decline of 30% or more of total monthly sales or income in 2021 compared to any month in 2019/2020.
- Registered with or contributing to SOCSO and Employment Insurance System (EIS), before 01/06/2021.
- Registered with Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) or relevant local authorities (PBT) before 01/06/2021.
- The employer must retain employees under WSP 4.0 with no cut pay salary, retrenchment or unpaid leave.
- An employee under Hiring Incentive would not entitle WSP 4.0.
RM 600 for each employee up to 4 months*
* 2 months for all sectors in the Second Phase of the National Recovery Plan (NRP).
* 2 additional months for economic sectors listed in the negative list (NRP Phase 3) which are high-risk activities causing COVID-19 infection or involving crowds.
How to apply?
Apply through prihatin.perkeso.gov.my.
What mean of the Negative List?
The negative list of Phase 3 for NRP that is not allowed to operate refers to high-risk activities because it involves crowds such as organizing conventions and where social imprisonment cannot be practised such as pubs, spas and beauty salons.
Source from SOCSO WSP 4.0 FAQ.